Tuna combines with capers and spices to make an elegant filling for Portobello mushrooms in this paleo recipe.
A topping of avocado slices adds a creamy texture and friendly fat. You can use this same filling for baked stuffed zucchinis or bell peppers. Served with a side of steamed vegetables, this makes a meal.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Baked Portobello and Tuna
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium mushrooms portobello
- 2 can(s) tuna in oil, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper or chili flakes (or hot sauce), to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers rinsed
- 2 teaspoon(s) dill fresh, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil to grease baking sheet
- 1 medium avocado(s) sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Mix tuna, cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper, dill (optional) and capers together in a bowl, then stuff into portobello caps.
- Place caps on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until tops are browned and portobello cap has softened slightly).
- Top with sliced avocado and serve warm.