Chipotle chili powder adds spice and color to this baked salmon recipe. The addition of lime brightens the flavor. Feel free to fry the salmon in a Paleo-approved fat instead of baking it, and to try this paleo recipe with trout, cod, or other kinds of fish according to taste and availability.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chipotle Lime Salmon
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound(s) salmon fillet(s), skinless
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium lime(s) (1 per serving), cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chipotle, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry, and place on a metal baking sheet.
- Rub each fillet with olive oil or fat of choice, and squeeze the juice from one-half lime onto each fillet.
- Sprinkle fillets with sea salt (if desired) and chipotle, then place a half lime on top of each fillet.
- Cook salmon for 12-15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here