Want a quick restaurant-quality meal that’s also Paleo-friendly? Here delicious baked celeriac fries are placed alongside mildly flavored cod topped with an elegant arugula tapenade. If desired, you can add some lemon zest to the tapenade ingredients before preparing in the food processor, and use sweet potatoes in place of the celeriac. Recipe submitted by Lonnie.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Cod with Arugula Tapenade and Celeriac Fries
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large celeriac root(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pound(s) cod fillet(s)
- 1 medium lemon(s)
- 3 cup(s) arugula
- 1/2 cup(s) olives, green or black pitted
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers rinsed
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut the celeriac into 1/4 inch strips (like french fries) and place them in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Bake the fries for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish in another oven-proof dish and season with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and the juice of 1 lemon.
- After the celeriac has baked for 10 minutes, decrease the temperature to 400 F and bake the fish together with the fries for another 8-10 minutes.
- While the fish bakes, combine the arugula, olives, capers, and garlic in a food processor and chop until it resembles a tapenade.
- Serve the tapenade on top of the cod, with the celeriac fries on the side.