Juicy and flavorful shrimp perfectly complement this Paleo pasta recipe, which isn’t actually made from regular pasta but from zoodles, that is, zucchini noodles. You can use a vegetable peeler, mandolin slicer, julienne peeler or a vegetable spiralizer to create noodle-like ribbons from zucchini. Our Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta recipe is light and filling, and the perfect weeknight meal that you can quickly throw together, but tastes like you spent all night in the kitchen hard at work.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium zucchini trimmed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 medium mushroom(s), white button sliced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 pound(s) shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape halved
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create noodle-like ribbons. Alternatively, use a mandolin with a julienne plate, a julienne peeler or a vegetable spiralizer to make the "noodles."
- Place zucchini in a mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink. Sprinkle with sea salt, and toss with tongs (or use freshly washed hands) to make sure the salt covers the zucchini. Let zucchini sit for 20-25 minutes, occasionally tossing. Drain and discard any excess liquid.
- When "noodles" are drained, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and wait 15 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the hot pan and saute, stirring frequently for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with cayenne pepper (if desired). Add to the mushroom mixture in the hot pan, along with cherry tomatoes. Saute, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are bright pink.
- Add zucchini and lemon juice and stir just to heat through. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Season with additional sea salt (if desired) and freshly ground black pepper.