Catfish or rockfish may be used as a substitute if trout cannot be found.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Toad in the Hole Almond Trout
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pound(s) trout whole
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) almonds slivered
- 1 tablespoon(s) raisins (golden raisins suggested)
- 1 medium shallot(s) diced
- 1 cup(s) parsley fresh and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil or coconut oil
- Rinse and dry trout. Rub skin of fish with a splash of olive oil.
- Toss almonds, raisins, 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallots, parsley and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff trout with this mixture.
- Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, sauté trout for about 8-10 minutes on each side until fully cooked (flesh will flake easily with a fork).
- Serve with a garnish of lemon, parsley and seedless red grapes (optional).
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here