In this wonderful recipe, spaghetti squash provides a tasty and healthy substitute for traditional pasta that the whole family will enjoy! Once cooked, the inside of spaghetti squash forms thin tender strands that when scraped into a serving dish look and perform just like noodles.
Any type of ground meat such beef, turkey, chicken, sausage, or lamb will work beautifully with Italian staples, garlic and olive oil in your favorite marinara sauce. As your Paleo Spaghetti cooks, your home will smell like the finest Italian restaurant and no one will miss the conventional pasta!
If you like this meal, try our Crockpot Bolognese Sauce and Spaghetti Squash and our Spicy Spaghetti Squash with Almonds. For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) crushed
- 1 pound(s) beef, ground or ground turkey or sausage
- 3 cup(s) marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (or 6oz kelp noodles per serving)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add meat and garlic, and cook completely.
- Add noodles and marinara, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Split the squash lengthwise, then dig out the seeds.
- Place both halves face down on a baking pan, with 1/4 inch of water.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Dig out squash with a fork (cross-wise) and add to the skillet with the meat and marinara.