Smoked Andouille sausage cooked with bell peppers and onions makes a great topper for zucchini noodles in our Quick and Easy Sausage and Pepper Bowl with Zucchini Noodles recipe. This is the perfect quick and easy Paleo meal to make when you’d rather be anywhere but in the kitchen, but still want something nutritious and filling.
Got leftover sausages from this meal? You can use them up in our Sausage Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe in the morning. If you’re looking for even more delicious Paleo recipes, look no further! Check out our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Quick and Easy Sausage and Pepper Bowl with Zucchini Noodles
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 11.9g
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), green sliced
- 1 medium onion(s) sliced
- 1 pound(s) andouille sausage sliced
- 4 medium onion(s), green sliced
- Cut the zucchinis into noodles using either a spiral slicer or julienne peeler. Lay on paper towels and sprinkle with the salt. Set aside while you cook the sausage.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and add the onions and peppers. Cook until tender and add the sausage to the pan. When the sausage is browned, add the noodles to the pan, and cook until just softened.
- Top with the green onions before serving.