Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 large tomato(es)
- 1 pound(s) pork sausage ground, seasoned
- 6 medium mushroom(s) white button, sliced
- 1 medium onion(s) chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) cilantro fresh, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Over medium-high heat, brown onions, sausage and mushrooms together in a skillet.
- While the above is cooking, cut the tops off the tomatoes. Spoon out the middle and add to the skillet.
- Once onions, sausage and mushrooms are cooked, drain fat and residual moisture from pan.
- Spoon mixture into tomato cups.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Photo courtesy: Rachelle Wise
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here