When soaked for a few hours, cashews can be blended to a creamy consistency that you would swear is made of dairy, but it’s not.
This recipe combines them with garlic, olive oil, and fresh black pepper for a cashew dip that is out of this world. Nutritional yeast adds a nutty, slightly cheesy flavor, but feel free to leave it out.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Garlic and Pepper Cashew Dip
Total Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Passive Time: 4 hours
saturated fat 5.2g
- 1 cup(s) cashews raw
- 2 medium garlic clove(s)
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast (optional)
- Put the cashews in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak for 4 hours.
- Drain and put in a blender with the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast if using.
- Blend until smooth, adding a bit of water to help it along if necessary. Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve with veggies.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.