There’s certain foods that you really miss when you give up grains, and BLT Sandwiches are one of those foods! Fret not Paleo pals, because we’ve come up with a Paleo-friendly BLT sandwich substitution for you, in salad form! Our BAT (Bacon, Arugula and Tomato) Paleo Salad recipe uses peppery arugula to replace lettuce and toasty sunflower seeds to replace the bread in this non-traditional BLT. You won’t even miss the bread, but if you do, go ahead and serve this Paleo salad with a slice of our delicious Grain-Free Herbed Focaccia Bread on the side! If you enjoyed our BAT Paleo Salad recipe, try our BLT Breakfast recipe next time.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
BAT Salad (Bacon, Arugula and Tomato)
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 slice(s) bacon (thick) diced
- 3/4 pound(s) chicken thighs, boneless, skinless diced small
- 3 tablespoon(s) pepperoncinis brine
- 4 cup(s) arugula
- 1 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 medium avocado(s) diced
- 4 medium pepperoncinis sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, toasted
- Cook the diced bacon and chicken thighs over medium heat in a sauté pan until fully cooked, stirring very frequently to prevent burning (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add brine to the bottom of the hot pan, and stir the browned bits into the cooked bacon and chicken. Remove from heat.
- Place arugula in a medium to large bowl. Pour the cooked bacon, chicken and drippings onto the arugula and toss to coat completely (add more brine or sea salt if desired).
- Divide the arugula into bowls. Top with tomato, avocado, peperoncinis and sunflower seeds to serve.