Sweet cherry tomatoes get a flavorful boost from high-heat roasting in this easy Italian Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives. This salad makes a nice side dish, but can easily be turned into a hearty Paleo meal with the addition of grilled beef, chicken, or seafood. The tomatoes can be roasted up to a week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you liked this Italian Salad recipe, try our Italian Tuna Salad next time. Looking for even more Paleo salads and salad dressing recipes? Visit the PaleoPlan recipe center for hundreds of delicious and FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Italian Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
saturated fat 3.8g
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 8 cup(s) greens, mixed or baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata pitted
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and salt. Lay on the baking sheet and roast for 40-50 minutes, until soft. Allow to cool.
- To make the salad, toss the greens, olives, and pine nuts in a bowl. Top with the tomatoes. Whisk the oil and vinegar in a bowl until well combined, and drizzle over the salad.