Try this Paleo version of the French classic if you’d like a healthy meal that’s also sophisticated and elegant.
Capers, olives, tomatoes, green beans, tuna and eggs are accented with mustard, lemon juice and olive oil for a tasty Mediterranean salad.
Feel free to leave out the tuna if you’d like to serve it as a side salad. You can also add other greens such as spinach if desired.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Niçoise Salad
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 4g
- 4 large egg(s)
- 2 can(s) tuna 6 oz, drained (oil-packed works well)
- 1/3 pound(s) green beans fresh
- 1/2 cup(s) olives black, pitted
- 1 cup(s) tomato(es) cherry or grape
- 1 head(s) lettuce butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers rinsed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) mustard dijon
- 1 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Place 4 raw eggs (in their shells) in a small pan, and add cold water to cover the eggs. Cover the pan.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring water to a slight simmer. Once simmering (small bubbles), cover the pan and remove from heat. Let stand (covered) for 13 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, and immediately cool them in cold water after. Remove shells, quarter the eggs and set aside.
- While eggs are cooking, wash and chop butter lettuce, tomatoes and green beans.
- Whisk the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt & pepper into a dressing.
- Combine all remaining ingredients into two salads and drizzle dressing on top.
Photo courtesy: Sarah D'Ardenne