Think you don’t like sardines? Just try them in this easy chopped Paleo Sardine Salad recipe, and you may be surprised. You can be playful and use the veggies you have on hand, swapping them out for the ones called for in the recipe if you have your own preferences for certain vegetables. Just chop everything up and throw it in a bowl, then toss it around to mix everything up, and enjoy! If you really, really don’t like sardines, you can use a can of tuna, a can of chicken, or any meat or fish you have. However, we highly encourage you to try the sardines, even if you think you’re not going to like them. They’re SO full of good omegas!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 medium summer squash(s), yellow diced
- 1 large celery stalk(s) diced
- 1 head(s) lettuce, romaine heart(s) chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sauerkraut, raw
- 1/4 head(s) cabbage(s), green shredded (about 1 cup per 2 servings)
- 2 small avocado(s) diced
- 1 can(s) sardines (4-6 oz) in oil (add 1 Tbsp olive oil if sardines are canned in water), chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 medium lime(s) juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine completely. Adjust salt if desired.
- Divide into two bowls to serve.