Holidays and warm weather are wonderful, but they also often translate into cookouts and less-than-healthy foods, like pasta salad. I mean, who doesn’t love tender noodles tossed with vegetables in an herby vinaigrette?
Unfortunately, pasta is about the most un-Paleo food you can eat, but fortunately, you don’t have to give up pasta salad if you make it with spaghetti squash! If you’ve never had this amazing vegetable, you are missing out. It’s easy to cook, and when separated with a fork, it comes out just like spaghetti, no joke! When tossed with olive oil, lemon juice and vegetables, you won’t even know it’s a vegetable.
Our Spaghetti Squash Pasta Salad recipe is a perfect substitute for traditional pasta salad recipes, and your guests will be impressed that your noodle salad is made from healthy squash! For more healthy Paleo salad and salad dressing recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Salad
Total Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
saturated fat 4.0g
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red diced
- 1 small cucumber(s) sliced
- 1/2 medium onion(s), red sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 4 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and lay cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake for about 40 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- When cool, scoop out the flesh and transfer to a bowl. Separate the strands with a fork and toss with the remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.