This Sweet Mixed Greens Salad recipe is the perfect salad to make in the heat of summer, when the strawberries are juicy and at their peak. But truly, it tastes great any time of year and is also a festive salad to serve on Christmas. Almonds and sunflower seeds provide a crunchy texture and the addition of thyme to the dressing gives this Paleo salad recipe a fresh flavor. You can exclude the bacon to make this a vegan and vegetarian-friendly dish, but the addition of bacon really rounds out the flavors in the Paleo salad recipe.
If you enjoyed our Sweet Mixed Greens Salad recipe, try our Basil Spinach Salad recipe next time. For more Paleo salad and salad dressing recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sweet Mixed Greens Salad
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
saturated fat 4g
- 3 cup(s) greens, mixed (spinach, romaine, or other dark leafy greens of choice - washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup(s) strawberries, fresh sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, raw
- 2 medium onion(s), green chopped
- 6 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried or fresh
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 4 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the sunflower seeds, almonds, green onions, bacon, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, use a whisk to stir together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the balsamic vinegar mixture to the greens mixture and toss together. Add sea salt (to taste) and top with strawberries. Serve cold.