Paleo Mexighetti is exactly what its name implies…spaghetti with a Mexican twist…Paleo style! This dish can be easily prepared entirely in your crock pot, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Simply toss all of the ingredients together in the pot, stir well, turn to medium-high, and walk away. (Well, come back to stir occasionally). Our Mexighetti Sauce recipe tastes amazing when served upon Paleo pasta made from spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles. Salud and Salute!
If you enjoyed this Paleo Mexighetti Sauce recipe, try our Crockpot Bolognese Sauce and Spaghetti Squash next time. Looking for even more delicious Paleo crock pot and slow cooker recipes? Check out our PaleoPlan slow cooker recipe page! For hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 70 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1-3 hours
- 1/2 pound(s) beef, ground
- 1/2 pound(s) chorizo
- 1 small onion(s) or white onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper(s) diced (optional)
- 1 medium sweet potato(es) cubed
- 1 cup(s) olives, black drained and sliced
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoon(s) beef tallow lard, or olive oil for browning meat
- Add Paleo-friendly fat (i.e. lard, tallow, olive oil, etc.) to a stove-top pan and turn up the heat to medium-high.
- When hot, add the onion, garlic, and optional jalapeno to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the ground beef and chorizo to the pan, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, or until meat is lightly and uniformly browned. Transfer to crockpot and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add the tomato sauce, sweet potatoes, olives, chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 1-3 hours, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro. Tastes great eaten as is, or served atop spaghetti squash or zucchini “noodles”.