Let’s face it, pesto is absolutely delicious! Unfortunately traditional pesto recipes call for the use of Parmesan cheese, which is fine if you’re following a Primal diet, but dairy isn’t allowed on the Paleo diet. Thankfully this dairy-free, Paleo and Vegan Pesto recipe has all the flavor of pesto that you love, without the use of any dairy! This vegan pesto condiment is excellent on chicken, fish, spaghetti squash (Paleo pasta), or as a tomato sauce substitute on Paleo pizzas. Make a double batch and save some for later use, it holds up great in the freezer. Looking for even more Paleo marinade and sauce recipes? Check out our PaleoPlan recipe center for hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
saturated fat 4g
- 1 cup(s) basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup(s) pumpkin seeds cashews, slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic clove(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or blender.
- Blend until a smooth paste forms. Add more olive oil, or a small amount of water if needed for desired consistency.
- May be frozen for later use.