Toasted garlic and onion meld with creamy coconut in this simple and flavorful creamed greens side dish. This nutrient-dense recipe makes about 2 cups of creamed greens (2 servings). Looking for even more delicious Paleo side dish recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Coconut Creamed Greens
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8 cup(s) spinach loosely packed
- 1/4 medium onion(s) diced
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add garlic, onions, and salt. Sauté until garlic turns golden-brown in color (about 1-2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Add spinach, pepper, and coconut milk. Toss with garlic and onions.
- Sauté for another 1-2 minutes until spinach leaves are perfectly wilted.
- Serve immediately.