Our Creamy Broccoli Pasta with Anchovies recipe is a great way to get those super important omega-3 fatty acids into into your Paleo diet! This Paleo anchovy pasta salad isn’t actually made from grain pasta, rather, it’s made from slicing zucchini into noodles (zoodles) which is most easily accomplished using a vegetable spiralizer, but can also be done carefully with a knife or vegetable peeler. The flavor of this dairy-free anchovy salad is addicting and also tastes great with a squeeze of lemon on top at serving time.
If you enjoyed this Creamy Broccoli Pasta with Anchovies recipe, then try our Sardine Salad recipe next time!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Creamy Broccoli Pasta with Anchovies
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
saturated fat 4g
- 7 ounce(s) anchovie(s)
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) chopped
- 4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 head(s) broccoli separated into 1 inch florets
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) ghee or coconut oil
- In a medium skillet over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the anchovies. After 2-3 minutes, add the garlic, another tablespoon of olive oil, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, boil 4 cups of water. Once boiling, add the zucchini and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Steam the broccoli over low heat for 5-7 minutes, until soft. Divide the broccoli in half. Puree one half with 1 tablespoon olive oil, black pepper and sea salt. Toss the other half of the broccoli with the anchovies.
- Combine the zucchini, pureed broccoli, anchovy/broccoli mixture in a large bowl and add the ghee and additional sea salt/black pepper to taste. Serve warm.