Arugula is a tender leafy green vegetable belonging to the plant family Brassica (AKA Cruciferous or Mustard). It has a peppery and nutty flavor, and the full grown leaf (compared to young leaves) carries a spicy flavor. This Easy Side Salad with Lemon recipe features arugula with a simple dressing of olive oil, lemon and spice. Our quick and easy side salad recipe is super versatile and can be used as a side to almost any main dish.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Easy Side Salad with Lemon
Total Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cup(s) arugula, baby or baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss all ingredients until arugula leaves are fully coated. Add more sea salt, pepper, or lemon juice if desired.
- Divide into servings and serve alongside a main dish or protein.