Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Roasted Beets with Balsamic Glaze
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 6 medium beet(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) maple syrup (Grade B recommended)
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange zest
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wash beets and slice into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put beets on baking sheet. Add olive oil, sea salt and pepper and mix together completely. Spread beets out again on baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 45 minutes, checking often. Remove from oven when slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and maple syrup in a small pan over high heat. Cook until vinegar has reduced to a syrup-like consistency, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- When beets are fully cooked, pour glaze over top and sprinkle with freshly grated orange zest.