Yes, green beans are Paleo-friendly! These soft, edible-podded legumes are much lower in anti-nutrients, and therefore more digestible than their more mature, dried-legume cousins such as kidney, garbanzo and navy beans.
Our Roasted Green Bean recipe is so simple – just three ingredients – and it’s a delicious and nutritious side dish for even the most picky veggie eater. Even a highly discerning palate can handle green beans! If thyme is too strong an herb, use whatever seasoning you enjoy.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Roasted Green Beans
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound(s) green beans fresh
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme dried
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and chop ends off beans.
- Place in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Toss until coated well and roast for 20 minutes.
- Check occasionally and toss several times.