What will ten minutes and five super healthy Paleo ingredients get you? A great combination of kale, garlic, olive oil, walnuts and lemon that’s what! This warm and comforting salad is the perfect base for the protein of your choice. Try it topped with sliced chicken, pork loin, beef, fish or any protein you have on hand. Or serve this kale salad as a side dish to any our Paleo entrees.
If you like kale, try our Sauteed Kale with Pine Nuts, Warm Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Salad, and our crunchy and delicious Kale Chips. For many more FREE salads and side ideas, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sautéed Kale with Walnuts
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 bunch(es) kale trimmed and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove(s) crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) walnuts lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- Steam the kale (do not boil) in a large pot until tender (about 10 minutes); drain well.
- Coat a large skillet with oil.
- Saute garlic over medium heat until just golden, about three minutes.
- Add kale to skillet.
- Stir in the olive oil, saute until heated through (about five minutes).
- Stir in walnuts, remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle kale mixture with lemon juice.
- Transfer to a shallow serving dish and serve immediately.