A slow cooker is perfect for those stressful days when you just want to come home to a hot already cooked meal. If you generally use your crock-pot for making soups and stews and are looking for something different and fresh, then this recipe is for you! Tender baked stuffed sweet potatoes filled with bacon and spinach make a filling and healthy meal. For more creative crock-pot recipes, check out our PaleoPlan slow cooker recipe archives! For hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe page.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Slow Cooker Bacon and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Total Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 8 hours
saturated fat 10.5g
- 4 medium sweet potato(es)
- 4 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 cup(s) spinach, baby
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Put the sweet potatoes in the microwave, and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until tender enough to cut through.
- Cut each potato down the center, until almost cut through. Lay each on a piece of foil and stuff with the bacon and spinach. Drizzle a tablespoon of coconut milk and sprinkle with curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in foil and transfer the potatoes to your slow cooker pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. When ready to serve, open the foil packets, sprinkle the potatoes with the coconut and enjoy.