Our Spring Herbs and Greens Pasta recipe isn’t actually made from pasta.
It’s made from slicing zucchini into noodles (zoodles) which is most easily accomplished with a vegetable spiralizer, but can also be accomplished carefully with a knife or vegetable peeler. This Paleo pasta salad recipe gets a fresh flavor from fresh spring herbs, but dried herbs could also be used in a pinch.
If you liked our Spring Herbs and Greens Pasta recipe, try our Spaghetti Squash Pasta Salad recipe next time.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Spring Herbs and Greens Pasta
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 3g
- 4 cup(s) spinach washed
- 4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) herbs parsley, chives, fennel - fresh
- 1 tablespoon(s) ghee or coconut oil
- 2 large tomato(es) chopped
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the spinach with 1/2 cup of water. Cook on medium heat, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until spinach wilts and softens. Remove the spinach from the pan and place in a separate bowl.
- In the medium sauce pan, cook the spiralized zucchini in 1-2 cups of water until soft, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree the spinach in a food processor with the olive oil, the garlic powder, onion powder, and just a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- In a medium skillet, mix the pureed spinach with the zucchini pasta, herbs, and ghee. Cook on medium-low heat until the mixture is warm, stirring together.
- Serve topped with raw tomatoes.