Sweet potatoes are a good source of Vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), Vitamin C, Manganese, fiber, and some B vitamins. Sometimes called yams, both tubers work equally well in this basic Paleo and vegan recipe. Our Paleo Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe tastes great paired with sausage patties or another protein to make a quick breakfast, or topped with coconut milk, nutmeg and cinnamon for a sweet yet healthy snack. If you enjoyed this Baked Sweet Potato recipe, try our Slow Cooker Bacon and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe next time. For more FREE and delicious Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potato(es)
- 1 package(s) aluminum foil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Quarter sweet potatoes and wrap in a large sheet of aluminum foil (or place in a ceramic baking dish with a lid).
- Place in a middle rack in the oven, and bake for 40-60 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. NOTE: Be careful of the steam build up when unwrapping the aluminum foil!
- Refrigerate leftovers for easy snacks and meals.