Coconut butter (also called coconut “manna”) is the flesh of fresh coconut that is pressed with oil until it is a creamy, decadent consistency.
When stuffed inside tender dates, and topped with crunchy toasted nuts, it makes a delicious snack full of fiber and healthy fats. This simple three ingredient snack is perfect when you don’t have a lot of time, but still want something a bit indulgent.
If you enjoyed this Coconut and Hazelnut Stuffed Dates recipe, try our Nutella Inspired Cookies recipe next time.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Coconut and Hazelnut Stuffed Dates
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
saturated fat 1.9g
- 16 large date(s) pitted
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup(s) hazelnuts toasted and finely chopped
- With a pairing knife, slice the dates lengthwise through the center, being careful not to cut it through.
- Stir the coconut butter until soft and creamy. Fill each date with 1-2 teaspoons of the butter. Sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts and serve immediately.