Got a craving for some crunchy finger foods on your Paleo diet? Then you’ll love this crunchy almond chicken fingers recipe!
Covered in almond flour and then baked in the oven, these grain-free chicken fingers are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Serve this dish for lunch or dinner with a side of vegetables for a complete and nutritious meal. I love eating these with a side of Paleo Asian Cabbage Salad.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Crunchy Almond Chicken Fingers
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
saturated fat 2g
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3/4 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/4 cup(s) arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 3 large egg white(s) lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil or lard for greasing wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a wire rack with olive oil or lard, and place on top of a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long strips about 1-2 inches wide.
- Take out three different bowls or shallow plates.
- Place arrowroot into the first bowl, egg whites into the second bowl, and combine the almond flour, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, black pepper and salt into the third bowl.
- Dredge a piece of chicken first through the arrowroot, shaking off excess. Next, dip the chicken into the egg whites. Lastly, dredge it through the almond flour mixture and place onto the greased wire rack. Repeat for each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown in color.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.