If you’re in the mood for a festive and fun but nutritionally dense snack or appetizer, this Paleo pumpkin pudding recipe will quickly become your favorite, Halloween or not! Packed with gelatin, which helps to improve digestion and lowers inflammation, along with coconut milk, pumpkin, spinach, and avocado — which are rich in nutrients like folate, vitamin K, vitamin A, and more—this pumpkin pudding is probably the healthiest thing you’ll ever eat on a Halloween….and possibly the spookiest too!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Green Slime Paleo Pumpkin Pudding
Total Time: 75 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Passive Time: 1-6 hours
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) gelatin, grass-fed
- 11/2 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup(s) pumpkin puree, organic
- 1/2 medium avocado(s) mashed, about 1/2 cup for 8 servings
- 1/2 cup(s) spinach packed
- 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 package(s) Creepy crawlers or your favorite Halloween toppers
- Add the coconut milk to a small saucepan and warm over low to medium heat. Do not simmer or boil.
- While the coconut milk is heating up, place the water in a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface to "bloom". It will absorb all the water and form a soft gel.
- When the milk is warm, remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin until dissolved.
- Add the pumpkin puree, avocado, spinach leaves, maple syrup and? ground cinnamon to a blender and puree.
- Add the coconut milk/gelatin mixture to the blender (make sure the lid is secure as warm liquids expand when processed) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual 4oz dessert bowls, ramekins or mason jars or a large serving bowl and chill for at least 1 hour for individual servings and 6 hours for a large bowl until set.
- Decorate with your favorite Halloween toppers.