Who knew that making your own applesauce could be so incredibly simple? The best part about this easy Paleo applesauce recipe is the richness of flavor without added preservatives or sweeteners. This basic slow-cooker recipe for Paleo-approved applesauce uses slightly sweeter varieties of apples, like honeycrisp, gala, or fuji, so there is no need for extra sweetener. Spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger help complement the apple flavor. This delicious applesauce can be eaten warm or cold. This homemade Paleo applesauce recipe is the perfect complement to the Sweet Potato Latkes. For more FREE and delicious Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 4 hours
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
- 9 medium apple(s) (honeycrisp, gala, or fuji), peeled, cored, and sliced, about 3 lbs per 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cardamom, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1 medium lemon(s) juiced
- Add all ingredients to a medium slow cooker. Using a wooden spoon, stir the apples until evenly coated with the spice mixture.
- Cover, and cook 4 to 6 hours on low heat, or until apples are soft and fall apart when stirred.
- Place cooked apples into a food processor (or use an immersion blender right in the slow cooker) and pulse or blend into a smooth sauce.
- Serve warm or chilled.