As a Paleo version of this breakfast favorite, this muffin recipe uses almond flour, almond butter and organic pumpkin puree in place of the traditional ingredients. You can use applesauce in place of the optional honey if desired for moisture and sweetness.
The nutritional values provided are for two muffins.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 11/2 cup(s) almond flour
- 3/4 cup(s) pumpkin puree, organic
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 cup(s) honey, raw (optional)
- 2 teaspoon(s) almond butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) almonds sliced
- 1 package(s) paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat muffin tins with coconut oil (or use paper muffin cups and add 1/2 teaspoon melted coconut oil to batter).
- Mix all ingredients and pour evenly into tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Sprinkle almonds on top immediately after taking them out of the oven.
Photo courtesy: Khrys
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here