Put a twist of Halloween into your deviled eggs! In the spirit of the season, this deviled eggs recipe uses avocado to make the egg fillings creepy green, and the spiders are made from black olives. You can make these spicy if you like by adding some red pepper flakes, and did I mention they also contain bacon!? Yep, these Paleo spider deviled eggs are spooky, delicious, and certain to be a big hit at any Halloween party!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Spider Eggs
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 12 large egg(s) hard-boiled cooled and peeled
- 2 medium avocado(s) meat removed, seed and skin discarded
- 6 slice(s) bacon cooked and chopped into bits
- 1/8 small onion(s), red minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh minced
- 1 small(s) serrano pepper(s) or green chiles, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 2 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika to garnish
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the dijon mustard, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mash avocado into the yolks, adding the dijon mustard mixture.
- Mix in the red onion, cilantro, bacon bits, and optional peppers.
- Refill egg whites with the yolk mixture and garnish with paprika.
- Make the olive spiders by carefully using a knife to cut out the body parts and legs (see picture).
- Arrange spiders on top of the deviled eggs.