This Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops recipe is a delicious Paleo appetizer or main course when served with a side of veggies. They’re super easy to make – simply wrap seared scallops with prosciutto and top with toasted garlic and shallots. If you don’t have prosciutto on hand, you can substitute bacon which has been cooked about 3/4 of the way so that it’s almost done, but still bendable so you can wrap it around the scallops. If you don’t eat pork (or don’t have any on hand), try our Quick Pan Seared Scallops recipe instead. For more delicious and FREE Paleo seafood recipes, check out our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound(s) scallops, wild jumbo
- 1 package(s) ham, prosciutto, sliced (4 oz.)
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 medium shallot(s) finely diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or lard or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and turn oven to the "broil" setting.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, and saute garlic and shallots until lightly browned. Remove from frying pan, and set aside.
- Pat scallops dry. Lightly dust salt and pepper on both sides of scallops, to taste.
- Turn up the heat in the same frying pan to high in preparation to sear the scallops. You may need to add a little more oil for this task, but not too much or the scallops will not sear properly. When the pan is hot, quickly sear the flat sides of each scallop, approximately 30 seconds per side. Remove from heat.
- Wrap each of the scallops with prosciutto and top with garlic/shallot mixture.
- Place scallops on baking sheet and broil until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and enjoy immediately!