Shrimp cakes are a delicious addition to your table as a main dish or appetizer idea at your next event. The crunch is satisfying when you enjoy these nutrient-packed treats. They pair well with other Paleo appetizers and snacks, as well as mixed vegetables and Paleo desserts. Add extra almond flour to the patties to help thicken them up if needed.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound(s) shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 2 medium onion(s), green thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chipotle, ground
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) almond flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil for sauteing
- Place shrimp in food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, scallions, lime juice, honey, sea salt (optional), chipotle, egg and cilantro.
- Form mixture into 1/2 inch thick patties, dip each in almond flour, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add 4 patties to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes per side, until browned; remove and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here