Smoked salmon is a perfect Paleo snack food. It’s high in protein and heart healthy fat and requires no preparation. It doesn’t really get better than that! This quick snack recipe is made with a cashew cream cheese that takes only two ingredients, but tastes just as rich and indulgent as the traditional dairy version. When topped on cucumber slices, it makes a decadent snack that is easy, healthy, and downright delicious. If you have a high-powered blender, you can skip the step of soaking the cashews, but the result may be less creamy. For other quick and easy Paleo snack ideas, and to check out our hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites with Cashew Cream Cheese
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 5.3g
Cashew Cream Cheese
- 11/2 cup(s) cashews raw
- 1 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 cup(s) water or more if needed
- 1 medium cucumber(s)
- 1 pound(s) salmon, smoked
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives, fresh for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper for garnish to taste
- To make the cashew cream cheese, put the cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 2 hours, drain, and transfer to a food processor or blender. Add the lemon juice, garlic, and salt, along with about 1/4 cup water. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding additional water a little bit at a time to thin out if necessary.
- To serve, slice the cucumber. Top each slice with a dollop of the cashew cream cheese, and a tablespoon or so of the smoked salmon. Sprinkle with chives and black pepper before serving.