Got sweet potatoes? Looking for a way to use them up? Our Paleo Ginger, Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup is sweet, creamy, and slightly spicy with an exotic flair. This sweet potato recipe can be easily modified to be vegan or vegetarian (simply replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth). This easy to follow recipe results in a delicious pureed Paleo soup that utilizes staple winter vegetables, but still has an exotic flair. It makes a nice light dinner when served with a side of meat, but is filling and satisfying on its own as well. You can also add pre-cooked ground poultry or cooked shredded chicken to the soup while its cooking, for an even heartier version of this incredible Paleo sweet potato soup.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Ginger, Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
saturated fat 25.0g
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 small onion(s) diced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh grated
- 2 medium sweet potato(es) peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrot(s) peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes crushed
- 5 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1 medium lime(s) juiced
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a Dutch oven or saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrots, and seasonings, stir until coated and add the broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth, pureeing in batches if necessary.
- Add back to the pot, add the coconut milk and lime juice and simmer until heated through.
- Serve topped with the cilantro.