This rich and creamy sweet potato soup is perfect as a light meal or an appetizer.
Fragrant with garlic, and rich in anti-inflammatory properties thanks to the turmeric, it’s nutrient-dense and packs a whole lot of goodness. It’s the perfect recipe for when you want something simple and wholesome to eat.
Tip: Make a big batch and freeze it in portion-sized containers so you can enjoy it whenever you like!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Creamy Sweet Potato Turmeric Garlic Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion(s) chopped
- 6 medium sweet potato(es) (approximately 4 cups cubed for 2 servings)
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) turmeric ground
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 8 slice(s) bacon chopped, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh chopped
- Heat up the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion in the pot until garlic is fragrant (approximately 1 minute).
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes, mixing with a wooden spoon.
- Add the water and ground turmeric and reduce heat down to low. Allow the ingredients to simmer for 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender, before switching off the heat.
- While the ingredients are simmering, sauté the chopped bacon in a small skillet until they are crispy before removing the skillet from heat. Set the bacon aside and pour away the rendered bacon fat.
- Transfer the ingredients from the pot to a high-speed blender and blend well until you get a thick, creamy liquid. If you find the mixture too thick, add an additional ¼ cup of water at a time until you get the consistency you like.
- Return the soup to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste, warming up the soup until ready to serve.
- Divide the soup evenly and garnish with bacon bits and fresh chopped parsley.