Root veggies make an interesting adaptation to traditional ratatouille recipes in our Paleo Roasted Root Vegetable Ratatouille recipe. Roasting with herbs makes the veggies sweet and savory all at the same time. Serve this with your favorite roasted or grilled meat for an impressive and easy meal. If you liked this recipe, try our Ratatouille Chicken Casserole recipe next time. Looking for even more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Roasted Root Vegetable Ratatouille
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
saturated fat 1.5g
trans fat 0.0g
- 2 medium sweet potato(es) peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrot(s) peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium butternut squash chunked
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 medium onion(s), red cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 small eggplant(s) diced
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash with the olive oil, herbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the remaining vegetables. Stir well and roast until all veggies are tender and lightly browned, about 20-25 more minutes.
- Toss with the pine nuts before serving.