If you want to buy your Paleo sweetheart something for Valentine’s Day, here’s a cheat sheet for some great gift ideas that are good for the body and for the soul!
1. Paleo Gift Baskets — If you’re in a pinch for time, but you want to give a nice complete gift, try a Paleo gift basket. Full of delicious snacks and treats, this is the perfect, practical way to tell the Paleo person in your life that you love them. http://www.paleogiftbaskets.com/
2. Raw cacao — Not only is it tasty, but it’s healthful! Cacao is rich in antioxidants, and for the dark chocolate lover, tastes amazing. Use it to make these Double Dark Chocolate Muffins for a decadent Valentine’s Day treat, add them to smoothies, or nibble on them plain for a quick chocolate fix!
3. Hair products — Everyone washes their hair, so why not surprise your Paleo sweetheart with products that are environmentally friendly and amazing for hair health and strength? Aubrey Organics has a full line of shampoos and conditioners, as well as styling aids, that are free from parabens, harmful synthetics, artificial colors, and artificial fragrances. Great for straight and curly hair—and everything in between—there is something for everyone.
4. Nail polish — If your Valentine has tried to rid her life of chemicals, nail polish may be one of the pampering treats that got the boot. But did you know there’s non-toxic nail polish available? Scotch Naturals is eco-friendly and free of phthalates, parabens, solvents (ethyl acetate and butyl acetate), nitrocellulose, acetone, and heavy metals. Best of all, they’re long-lasting and offer a wide variety of colors to choose from.
5. Skin care products — Our skin helps our bodies detox, so why lather on thick layers of toxic face creams and moisturizers? Fat Face Skin Care products allow you to nourish your body while you make your skin look beautiful. Win/win!
6. House plant — Instead of paying high prices for flowers that will only last a week, why not give your sweetheart a plant that will not only live longer than a week, but also clean the air of the house and promote wellness? Choose a Boston Fern, English Ivy, or a Peace Lily for the benefits of clean air and soothing aesthetics.
7. Every Last Crumb — If your Paleo Valentine loves to cook, then this recently released Paleo cookbook by Brittany Angell will be a treat that keeps on giving. Packed full of Paleo breads, sweets, and comfort foods, this book will freshen up any Paleo palette and convince even the staunchest of Paleo-haters that caveman food is, well, quite delish.
8. Make-up — If you’re going to keep your skin clear of nasty chemicals, might as well avoid toxic make-up, too. Conventional cosmetics can be filled with metals, preservatives, and harsh chemicals that can contribute to a toxic load. Primal Life Organics offers a wide variety of cosmetic products that will keep you looking fabulous without sacrificing health priorities.
Have a great Valentine’s and let us know what your best paleo gift ideas are….