Spring into Paleo!
It’s almost time for Paleo Plan’s Spring into Paleo Challenge, and we couldn’t be more excited! We’ve got a great group of Paleo Plan members raring and ready to dive headfirst into a 30 day Paleo challenge…and we’d love for you to join us! Doing a Paleo challenge in a group setting is a great way to glean support from other like-minded individuals and get your questions answered by our skilled team of brilliant nutrition experts. Did I mention that our guided 30 Day Paleo Challenge is FREE for all current Paleo Plan members!?
For our current Paleo challenge, we will be following the Paleo Plan meal plan and/or our Quickstart Guide. If you haven’t had a chance to check out our time and money-saving Paleo meal planning service, what the heck are you waiting for? We’ve made it as simple as Paleo pie to cook and eat Paleo (whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned Paleo pro), and your first two weeks on the meal plan are completely free! So there’s literally nothing to lose (except some unwanted weight and inflammation). Click here to join our free 14-day trial meal plan service and start cooking and eating Paleo with ease and confidence!
5 Great Reasons to Go Paleo and Join our 30 Day Challenge
Not sure if you’re quite ready to take the Paleo plunge?
Here’s five compelling reasons to try the Paleo diet on for size…sooner than later!
- Look and feel awesome.I’ve had the pleasure of witnessing hundreds of people ‘go Paleo’ and while it may be true that many feel worse before they feel better, I have yet to meet someone who regretted the journey after all was said and done! Paleo is one of the most effective ways to lose unwanted weight safely and naturally. The pounds just melt away, and the best part is you never have to count calories! In my case, I was sick and underweight before going Paleo, and the diet helped me to achieve a healthy weight, and to finally feel strong in my body. Not to mention the benefits for your skin…while you may experience an initial breakout period while you detox, you will be stunned (and people will comment) about how radiant and glowing your skin has become. Goodbye acne, hello vibrance!
- Get rid of inflammation and overcome chronic disease. The Paleo diet is the original “anti-inflammatory” diet. People often lose several pounds of pure liquid inflammation in the first week, by simply urinating it away. As it turns out, the so-called diseases of modern civilization are caused by excess inflammation, which is in turn caused by a crappy diet that wreaks havoc on the gut. When you start eating Paleo, your gut immediately starts to heal and you quickly starting losing the inflammation you’ve been needlessly carrying around. As a result, you significantly decrease your risk for a number of diseases including cardiovascular disease, autoimmune diseases, obesity and metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cancers, mental illnesses (like depression, dementia and many others), fibromyalgia, joint pain and other body pains…the list goes on and on and on.
Not only that (let’s get back to vanity for a moment), inflammation makes you look puffy, bloated, and dull. When you go Paleo, your face thins out, and your muscles suddenly look way more toned and defined than ever…even without working out! Dropping the inflammation is one of the best things we can do for our bodies, hands down.
- Fix your digestion and heal your leaky gut. Paleo removes the foods which cause “leaky gut syndrome.” Hippocrates proclaimed over 2,000 years ago, “All disease begins in the gut”, and he wasn’t kidding! It’s hard to believe that heart disease, obesity, autoimmunity, and depression can all be related to the health of the gut…but that is exactly what’s going on! Check out my article about leaky gut for more information on how grains, legumes and other ‘neolithic’ foods cause inflammation via a leaky gut. In addition to healing your gut, the Paleo diet also improves overall digestive function, which means you are able to absorb more nutrients from the foods you eat.
- Improve your overall health (mentally and physically) as well as the health of your family. By healing your gut and losing the inflammation and excess weight, you are giving your body the best chance at preventing/reversing disease, balancing hormones, and supporting your ability to detox and heal. Paleo gets even better when you can share it with your loved ones, and Paleo is even safe for the kiddos (my dog is Paleo too!). Our resident Paleo mama and Registered Dietician Sally has some great suggestions for transitioning your family to a Paleo diet.
- Support your local economy and the environment. By eating locally-grown vegetables, meats, and fruits, you are directly supporting your own economy. My brilliant father always said that the only vote we truly have is with our dollar, and it is a really great feeling to place your hard-earned dollars right into the hands of the farmer that has grown the food you are eating. When we have the option, it makes sense from an economical and environmental perspective to support local businesses and food producers, rather than chain stores and corporations that are largely responsible for the destruction of our environment and our health. When you shop at large chain grocery stores, the quality and value of the product is far inferior compared to shopping for local, fresh food.
With spring here, the vegetables are about ready to explode with bounty, and I can’t wait for my local farmers market’s (and my own garden) to start pumping out my meals! Also, by avoiding grains and legumes, we are refusing to support monocrop agriculture that is largely responsible for the destruction of our land, air, and the environment as a whole. I don’t know about you, but I want to do what I can to help myself, my loved ones, and Mother Nature to not just survive, but to surTHRIVE!
On Your Marks…Get Set…Go Paleo!
We hope you can all join our Spring 30 Day Paleo Challenge which will fire off on March 20, 2016. We’re fixin’ to have a ton of fun while we work together to reclaim our health and vitality. Are you ready?
In good health,
Kinsey Jackson, LMP, MS, CNS®
Paleo Plan Nutritionist