Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Coconut Lamb with Cauliflower Rice
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
saturated fat 28g
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 pound(s) lamb fillet(s) (tenderloin), cubed
- 1/2 medium onion(s) diced
- 1 large carrot(s) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL) (use more if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 1 head(s) cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) optional seasonings for cauliflower sea salt, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, curry, garlic or freshly ground black pepper
- To Cook Lamb:
- Cube the lamb and prepare the vegetables.
- Over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil and wait for pan to heat.
- When pan is hot, add the onions and carrots (they should sizzle slightly). Cook until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add lamb, tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes, while preparing cauliflower rice.
- Add zucchini and continue to simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
- To Cook Cauliflower Rice:
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut or olive oil when hot.
- Sauté cauliflower in a pan with oil and any additional seasonings desired (sea salt, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, curry, or just freshly ground black pepper).
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Add cilantro and serve lamb over cauliflower rice.