Canned wild salmon makes a quick and easy topping to this hearty and heart-healthy winter salad. Our Winter Slaw with Quick Salmon Cakes are easy to transport; simply pack the vegetables and dressing separately. You can cook the salmon patties in advance and then put the rest of the dish together quickly when you’re ready to eat. For more FREE Paleo seafood recipes, check out our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Winter Slaw with Quick Salmon Cakes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 5.2g
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1/2 head(s) cabbage(s), green about 2 cups (4 servings) shredded, red or green or mixed
- 1 bunch(es) kale finely chopped
- 2 medium carrot(s) peeled and grated
- 1 medium onion(s) thinly sliced
- 2 can(s) salmon (6oz)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Paleo mayonnaise
- 1 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dill, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Make the slaw by whisking the oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and toss well to coat.
- To make the salmon cakes, combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl. Form into 2-3 inch patties. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat. Fry the cakes until well browned on both sides and serve over the salad.