Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Shallots
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 medium sweet potato(es) peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 4 medium shallot(s) sliced into thick rings
- 2 tablespoon(s) rosemary, fresh chopped
- Wash and chop sweet potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 teaspoon sea salt and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until tender (about 14-16 minutes).
- Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water. Drain remaining liquid and return sweet potatoes to pot. Mash with reserved cooking water.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add sliced shallots and rosemary and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken breasts to pan and pan-fry until golden brown and fully cooked (7-8 min per side).
- Serve with mashed sweet potatoes on the side.