Enjoy fragrant cauliflower rice flavored with minced garlic and sautéed baby spinach in this low-carb dish.
For rice lovers like me, being able to replace rice on the Paleo diet is extremely important. Enter cauliflower rice, the ideal veggie-based, low-carb alternative.
While plain cauliflower rice is a great substitute, I sometimes find it a touch boring. In today’s recipe, we’re jazzing up plain cauliflower rice with some garlic and spinach for extra color and fiber.
Super simple to make, extremely tasty, and a solid side dish to any protein, this garlic spinach cauliflower rice is a deliciously Paleo recipe you’ll want to keep handy.
Tip: If you don’t like heat, simply leave out the chili powder or replace it with ground cumin for some extra flavor.
Take this versatile veggie up another notch with delicious recipes from our chef-created Paleo Eats cookbook, like Tomatillo Cilantro Roasted Chicken with Lime Cauliflower Rice, or Braised Short Ribs with Peppery Roasted Cauliflower!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Garlic Spinach Cauliflower Rice
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 cup(s) spinach baby
- salt, to taste
- Pulse 1 cup of cauliflower florets at a time in a blender, until you get a couscous-like texture.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add minced garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for 10 minutes, until it's tender. Add the chili powder and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the baby spinach leaves with a wooden spoon, until the spinach is just wilted.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the heat, add salt to taste, and serve.