Sautéed slices of garlic in olive oil and herbs infuses an authentic Italian flavor into this easy Paleo side dish. Our Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Herbs recipe makes for a lovely dinner side dish and the leftovers are great for a lunch or a snack the next day. Spaghetti squash makes a healthy swap for grain- and gluten-based noodles, and being made from squash, this Paleo pasta is totally healthy!
If you enjoyed our Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Herbs recipe, try our Crockpot Bolognese Sauce and Spaghetti Squash recipe next time! For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Herbs
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds for 4 servings)
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) basil, fresh julienned for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half crosswise (this is easier that trying to cut it lengthwise) with a large knife.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Place each half cut side down in a baking dish and pour in about 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until squash in soft to the touch.
- When squash is ready, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be handled without scorching your fingers.
- Scrape the strands from the rind with a folk and set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté garlic slices in olive oil over medium heat for one-two minutes, but do not let the garlic brown.
- Add sliced tomatoes, dried parsley and salt and pepper (if using). Cook for another one to two minutes until tomatoes soften.
- Turn off heat, add the spaghetti squash to the pan and toss with the olive oil-garlic-tomato mixture.
- Serve topped with basil for garnish.