Add a lean protein such as sliced chicken breast for a complete meal.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|2||medium||celery stalk(s), diced (optional)|
|8||cup(s)||chicken broth, (or well-salted water)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||ginger, fresh, grated|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery, and saute (stirring occasionally) until translucent (about 15 minutes). Stir in broth.
- Add ginger, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add sea salt to taste if desired.
- Mix arrowroot powder with water until smooth. Pour into soup and continue to cook until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs together. After soup has thickened, pour eggs intermittently into soup. For beautiful, ribbony eggs be sure to do this step after soup is already thickened. Serve hot.