Makes 4 servings. Add a lean protein such as sliced chicken breast for a complete meal.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced (optional)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 8 cups of chicken broth (or well-salted water)
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- 3 Tbs arrowroot powder + 3 Tbs water
- 6 eggs
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery, and saute (stirring occasionally) until translucent (about 15 minutes). Stir in broth.
- Add ginger, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add sea salt to taste if desired.
- Mix arrowroot powder with water until smooth. Pour into soup and continue to cook until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs together. After soup has thickened, pour eggs intermittently into soup. For beautiful, ribbony eggs be sure to do this step after soup is already thickened. Serve hot.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.