Add a lean protein such as sliced chicken breast for a complete meal.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow, diced
- 2 medium celery stalk(s), diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth, (or well-salted water)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 6 large egg(s)
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery, and saute (stirring occasionally) until translucent (about 15 minutes). Stir in broth.
- Add ginger, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add sea salt to taste if desired.
- Mix arrowroot powder with water until smooth. Pour into soup and continue to cook until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs together. After soup has thickened, pour eggs intermittently into soup. For beautiful, ribbony eggs be sure to do this step after soup is already thickened. Serve hot.