Add a lean protein such as sliced chicken breast for a complete meal.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Egg Drop Soup
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 2 medium celery stalk(s) diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth (or well-salted water)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 6 large egg(s)
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery, and saute (stirring occasionally) until translucent (about 15 minutes). Stir in broth.
- Add ginger, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add sea salt to taste if desired.
- Mix arrowroot powder with water until smooth. Pour into soup and continue to cook until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs together. After soup has thickened, pour eggs intermittently into soup. For beautiful, ribbony eggs be sure to do this step after soup is already thickened. Serve hot.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here