Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
|2||head(s)||broccoli, cut into small florets|
|1/2||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|6||medium||mushroom(s), white button or cremini, thinly sliced|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
- Heat a medium pot with 1 inch water and a steamer insert over high heat.
- When water boils, add broccoli florets, cover and steam for 6-10 minutes, or until it turns bright green.
- As soon as broccoli turns bright green, remove from heat and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Then add mushrooms and garlic, and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and tomato and saute for a few minutes more.