Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 medium (5"-6") sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 2" pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbs coconut oil
- 4 (4-6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 shallots, sliced into thick rings
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Wash and chop sweet potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 tsp sea salt and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until tender (about 14-16 minutes).
- Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water. Drain remaining liquid and return sweet potatoes to pot. Mash with reserved cooking water.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 4 Tbs coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add sliced shallots and rosemary and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken breasts to pan and pan-fry until golden brown and fully cooked (7-8 min per side).
- Serve with mashed sweet potatoes on the side.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.