Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|3||medium||sweet potato(es), peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces|
|11/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
|4||piece(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)|
|4||medium||shallot(s), sliced into thick rings|
|2||tablespoon(s)||rosemary, fresh, chopped|
- Wash and chop sweet potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 teaspoon sea salt and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until tender (about 14-16 minutes).
- Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water. Drain remaining liquid and return sweet potatoes to pot. Mash with reserved cooking water.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add sliced shallots and rosemary and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken breasts to pan and pan-fry until golden brown and fully cooked (7-8 min per side).
- Serve with mashed sweet potatoes on the side.