Mashed potatoes are delicious, and while potatoes are technically Paleo, they’re also quite high in carbohydrates and glycemic index. Thankfully, cauliflower is a super versatile vegetable that can be cooked and then mashed into the consistency of traditional mashed potatoes, but with a much lower carb count! If you eat butter or ghee, we recommend topping this cauliflower mashers recipe with some! As is, this recipe is vegan and Paleo-friendly. If you enjoyed this Cauliflower Mashers recipe, try our Cauliflower Rice recipe next time! Looking for more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further! Visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, removing all leaves.
- Place in steamer and cook until it's easy to stick a fork in it (about 20 minutes).
- Mince the garlic and finely chop the chives. Saute the garlic, chives and rosemary in coconut oil until the garlic is light golden brown.
- Use a food processor or a masher to mash up the steamed cauliflower florets. Add the garlic, chives, rosemary, coconut oil mixture to the cauliflower.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Cook on medium low heat and mash with a masher while they're in the pot. Or if you have a submergible blender, use that to blend mixture while it's in the pot.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.