Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Chicken Alfredo
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 4 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 pound(s) chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 ounce(s) kelp noodles
- 2 teaspoon(s) tarragon, dried
- 1 cup(s) cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) paprika
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, saute garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until all sides are brown.
- Rinse and chop kelp noodles, and add to the skillet along with tarragon. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- After cooking, pour the liquid from the skillet carefully into a small container for use in the sauce.
- Add cashews, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, sea salt (optional), black pepper, and paprika to a blender. Cover and blend into a powder. Add the reserved pan juices slowly, blending into a thick sauce (use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender periodically). Add the juices until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the sauce to the skillet, then mix well. Cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes longer, until the kelp noodles have become tender.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here